Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Dissector code feedback request (Cassandra CQL)

Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2015 00:27:55 -0800 (PST)
Hello everyone,

I've started cobbling together a dissector plugin for the CQL binary protocol used by Apache Cassandra. I'm brand new to Wireshark development, so I'm sure some patterns could be improved. I'm hoping to get some feedback on what I have so far:

https://gist.githubusercontent.com/aarontc/d285047c78b4b2a3c1d3/raw/4eff8ed1c6ba342434eae770a3921ae656a3d3d7/packet-cql.c

Any suggestions/criticism would be appreciated. If this dissector would be useful to anyone else, I'd like to see about getting it included with core Wireshark once any issues are resolved and the dissector is more feature complete.

Thanks,
-Aaron