Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark Performance

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2015 16:43:25 +0000

On 1 December 2015 at 16:34, POZUELO Gloria (BCS/PSD) <gloria.pozuelo@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello again,

My question is now related to Wireshark performance. I don’t know why, but If I download the master branch and I compile it, I get the 2.1.0 wireshark version that, if I install it, it turns out to be slower talking about loading time in general, comparing it with the 2.0.0 version. I’m building Wireshark with this command:

> msbuild /m /p:Configuration=RelWithDebInfo Wireshark.sln

Do you know which could be the reason?

Thanks!

The status bar at the bottom should show the load time of the capture, do you see an actual difference there in times to load a sample capture between the released version and your built version?

You could also download an installer from the automated build area (https://www.wireshark.org/download/automated/) that is closest to the sources you are using to compare load times.

The releases are built using the same method as you're using.

--
Graham Bloice