Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Buildbots

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 09:56:24 +0000

On 20 November 2015 at 09:51, Dario Lombardo <dario.lombardo.ml@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 5:59 PM, Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
There's also the:

These are all listed on the develop page - https://www.wireshark.org/develop.html#buildbot

I believe they are automatically triggered on commits to the respective branches.

Is there a reason why the projects contain different buildbots (e.g. the petri-dish doesn't contain the osx buildbot)?

Because they haven't been created yet.

There is a slight additional issue with the PD buildbots in that they could be running stuff that does bad things, i.e. an external change that's overlooked by a core dev (or if we move to auto PD all changes), and so they are run on Amazon instances where we don't really care too much if they get borked, whereas the other buildbots run on physical servers managed by Gerald and Michael.

--
Graham Bloice