Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] QT-GUI Mac: DE Translation: Keyboard shortcuts missing in me

From: Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 09:11:34 +0100
Hi Uli,

After check the last wireshark_de.ts, you have translate Keyboard Accelerator key (for example Ctrl+Down => Strg + Pfeil nach unten) but it is no very needed, if you when to use the same keyboard accelerator key don't translate and Qt will be (normally) translate key.
You can get more info here : http://doc.qt.io/qt-4.8/linguist-translators.html#changing-keyboard-accelerators

Regards,

On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 6:17 AM, Uli Heilmeier <zeugs@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Am 16.11.15 um 04:41 schrieb Guy Harris:

> Those letters in parentheses following "Datei" and "Ansicht" appear to be the first letter of the English-language version of the menu name.  Are they supposed to be there?  Or is that another issue, possibly related to this issue?

They are intentionally. I wanted to have the same letter as in the English
version for the [Alt]+[Underlined-Letter] keyboard navigation.
If the German translation is missing the necessary letter I've added it in
parentheses (like the Chinese translation).

On Mac OS the underline is missing generally in menu entries.