Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Extcap

From: Dario Lombardo <dario.lombardo.ml@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 16:22:30 +0200

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 4:03 PM, Michal Labedzki <michal.labedzki@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Try to do:
$ export WIRESHARK_RUN_FROM_BUILD_DIRECTORY=1
$ ./run/wireshark

Yes, it's what I usually do.

Check also your config.h (build directory): grep EXTCAP  config.h

I have something like that:
#define EXTCAP_DIR "/pkg/wireshark/lib/wireshark/extcap/"
#define HAVE_EXTCAP 1

$ grep EXTCAP config.h
#define EXTCAP_DIR "/usr/local/lib/wireshark/extcap/"
#define HAVE_EXTCAP 1

That's strange. When I run wireshark with the export, I see $HOME/wireshark/run/extcap as extcap plugin dir.
Anyway, I copied the androiddump into /usr/local/lib/wireshark/extcap/, but nothing changes.