Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Extcap

From: Dario Lombardo <dario.lombardo.ml@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 14:30:19 +0200
I'm playing with extcap, but I can't make it fully work.
I can run androiddump, and I can list the interfaces.

# ./run/extcap/androiddump --extcap-interfaces
interface {display=Android Logcat Main}{value=android-logcat-main-XXXXXXXXXX}
interface {display=Android Logcat System}{value=android-logcat-system-XXXXXXXXXX}
interface {display=Android Logcat Radio}{value=android-logcat-radio-XXXXXXXXXX}
interface {display=Android Logcat Events}{value=android-logcat-events-XXXXXXXXXX}

If I run the actual capture manually, it works

# ./run/extcap/androiddump --extcap-interface android-logcat-radio-XXXXXXXXXX --fifo /tmp/extcap1 --capture &
# ./run/wireshark  /tmp/extcap1

But dumpcap doesn't list the extcap interfaces
# ./run/dumpcap -D
[...]

and wireshark qt and gtk don't list too, so they can't run the capture on the extcap.

What's the part I'm missing?

Thanks.
Dario.

--