Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Supported GnuTLS/glib/libgcrypt versions?

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 19:26:02 -0400
On 10/12/2015 07:07 PM, Gerald Combs wrote:
On 10/12/15 11:02 AM, Jeff Morriss wrote:
On 10/11/15 17:32, Peter Wu wrote:
Hi,

Michal reported to me that a recent change in the SSL dissector was not
compatible with older GnuTLS versions[1].

The changes introduced the use of functions gnutls_pubkey_import and
gnutls_pubkey_import_rsa_raw which were introduced with GnuTLS 2.12.0 in
2011-03-24 (2.11.3 development). Michal is using (RHEL6?) GnuTLS 2.8.5
(released in November 2009).

Since the minimum Qt4 version for upcoming Wireshark 2.0 is already
higher than what RHEL6 ships, would you mind if the GnuTLS version is
also bumped?

Since GnuTLS is optional [and I don't do decryption very often ;-)] I don't
really mind.  I can't say that I know how much the rest of the RHEL 6 world
uses decryption though.

But you do raise a good point: I should start doing test compiles of the
2.0 rc on RHEL 6.  I hadn't realized my users would have to continue using
the Gtk+ GUI.  Too bad...

What version of Qt does RHEL 6 ship with? I bumped the minimum Qt version
to 4.7 because we use QElapsedTimer in a few places but we might be able to
switch to a different API if needed.

4.6.2 (for completeness: this is listed on the support-library tracking page).