Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Add support for remote capture in linux

From: Dario Lombardo <dario.lombardo.ml@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 13:49:09 +0200
Sorry, I took a look at rpcapd and noticed that it can be run on linux.
Using rpcapd requires to install rpcapd on the remote machine. And some change is also required on linux wireshark since the remote capture is disabled.
The ssh approach should also be taken into account IMHO because it allows remote capture without using additional software and without opening additional ports if 22 is already open.