Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] save_fragmented

From: João Valverde <joao.valverde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2015 12:32:16 +0100
Hi,

What's the use case for save_fragmented? The documentation doesn't explain why it's there:

https://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/ChDissectReassemble.html

The context leads me to think that save_fragmented is only relevant in this case because the example deals with a custom fragmentation protocol over UDP...

Maybe for IP-in-IP it would be significant too but could someone please clarify for me the intended usage?

Does something else happen using pinfo->fragmented after the IPv4/IPv6 dissector returns?

Thanks,

João V.