Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] wtap.h / struct ieee802_11n & ac presence_flags

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 11:03:09 -0700
> On Sep 24, 2015, at 10:53 AM, Simon Barber <simon.barber@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Is there any reason that the presence_flags in these structs are done as a single flags field, requiring separate #defines to define the individual flags, rather than individual single bit members of the struct?

(Presumably the single-bit members would all be at the beginning of the structure, so that they get packed into a single word.)

The reason I went that way was to let all the bits be cleared with a single assignment.  I suppose we could memset the entire union.

(BTW, it's not as if the only ones are for 11n and 11ac; each PHY that has additional information to provide has a member of the union.)