Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark and hardening flags

From: Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 11:04:07 +0200
Hi Balint

No a problem for me to add PIE on Wireshark
But no need to check if lib (Qt) use also PIE ?

Regards,

On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 10:49 AM, Bálint Réczey <balint@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi All,

I have just created a review to add PIE when it is available to default flags:
https://code.wireshark.org/review/#/c/10635

I think this matter is worth discussion here, too.
Should we enable more compiler flags which make Wireshark more secure
by default?

I Debian I will enable all hardening flags thus Debian users will be
protected, but I wonder if we want to enable some of them in vanilla
Wireshark as well.

Cheers,
Balint