Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark and hardening flags

From: Bálint Réczey <balint@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 10:49:27 +0200
Hi All,

I have just created a review to add PIE when it is available to default flags:
https://code.wireshark.org/review/#/c/10635

I think this matter is worth discussion here, too.
Should we enable more compiler flags which make Wireshark more secure
by default?

I Debian I will enable all hardening flags thus Debian users will be
protected, but I wonder if we want to enable some of them in vanilla
Wireshark as well.

Cheers,
Balint