Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] proto_tree_add_text - what's next (was: The journey of a tho

Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 10:54:57 -0400
Thank you.   It felt good to hit the button.

What I'm hoping this change can do is open up better optimizations in proto.c   I don't know enough to know how/what those optimizations could be, I just saw proto_tree_add_text as a roadblock.  We still have a few other "text node" APIs if that is the holdup, but I think they would be more straightforward to replace (and far less in number than proto_tree_add_text ever was).