Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Remove duplication for resolved addresses

From: João Valverde <joao.valverde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 12:50:43 +0100
Hi list,

I proposed a change[1] to remove the duplication for resolved addresses (not necessarily using that code) in the UI:

  Src: 192.0.2.1, Dst: 192.0.2.2

Instead of:

  Src: 192.0.2.1 (192.0.2.1), Dst: 192.0.2.2 (192.0.2.2)

This change (rightfully) raised concerns that it would break backward compatibility for scripts parsing this output. Any thoughts on this?

Just thinking out loud but maybe 2.0 would be a good opportunity to change this (if indeed it is an improvement)?

If I understand the issue correctly I personally don't think this should be a stable interface anyway but of course I'm willing to be corrected on that.

Next step after this would be doing the same for port resolution...

Regards,

João V.

[1] https://code.wireshark.org/review/#/c/10203/