Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Optommp Dissector into Stable

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2015 17:45:34 +0200
Will you reconsider getting the optommp dissector into stable?

Hi John,

no it will no be considered as a stable branch only gets bug fixes and no enhancements, as explained in our release policy: https://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/ReleasePolicy
Unfortunately for you your dissector was checked in after Wireshark 1.12 branch creation, and Wireshark 2.0 Qt rewrite is delaying a bit our (previously) yearly stable branch creation. Hopefully a lot of progress has been done lately, so the wait will not last too long.
A way to speed up things would be to help us testing / fixing the Qt GUI ;)

Regards,
Pascal.