Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] tvb_captured_length or tvb_reported_length?

From: Robert Cragie <robert.cragie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 18:33:34 +0100
I am trying to understand the changes to the previous use of tvb_length(). There are now two functions (and their associates):

* tvb_captured_length()
* tvb_reported_length()

As far as I can tell, tvb_captured_length() is the direct replacement for tvb_length() but tvbuff.h says "You probably want tvb_reported_length instead.". The use of both seems to be mixed throughout the files and it's difficult to follow the relationship between the two. So any guidance on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Robert