Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Trying to submit a patch

From: John Dill <John.Dill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2015 13:21:06 +0000
I have finally got the time to port my changes to proto.h/proto.c over to the master-1.12 version of wireshark and I'm getting stuck trying to submit a patch for review.

I was not able to clone using the ssh method to download the latest git repo, but I was able to clone using the https link.  ​I believe that the port 29418 is blocked by the IT firewall.  After checking out the 1.12 branch and making my changes, I'm trying to submit a patch and can't seem to get it to go.

Is it possible to submit a patch using something like the following

git push https://user.name@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/wireshark HEAD:refs/for/master-1.12/feature-request-display-options

Or does submitting a patch require ssh?  I didn't see an equivalent for the https version in the developer's guide.

Thanks,
John D.