Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Improve the loopback wiki page

From: Yang Luo <hsluoyb@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2015 10:09:17 +0800
Hi Pascal,

On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 2:54 AM, Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Le 25 août 2015 3:41 PM, "Yang Luo" <hsluoyb@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> Hi list,
>
> I noticed that "Loopback capture setup" (https://wiki.wireshark.org/CaptureSetup/Loopback) has some discussions about loopback capturing on Windows, and it is not updated these months. As Npcap can capture and send loopback traffic now, I hope that someone could add Npcap as one of the solutions besides the recent RawCap, LNM, etc. Thanks.

Hi Yang,

As this is a wiki, anybody (including yourself) can modify it ;)
That said, your good work definitely needs to be part of the wiki so I might contribute myself.

Thanks for this!

When is your GSoC finishing?

It's already finished a week ago:)

Will there be a more official download page (instead of your svn folder) that we could put on the wiki?

I am discussing this with fyodor now, personally I prefer to use the page at: https://nmap.org/npcap (currently 404). As this wiki can be modified easily, at first we can just use: https://svn.nmap.org/nmap-exp/yang/NPcap-LWF/

When do you expect to release the "official" or "final" version?

I have just released the "official" 1.00 version, 1.00 version is based on 0.04-r9 beta version. See it at:

Cheers,
Yang