Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] MSVC 2015 (VC14) notes/issue

From: Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 09:43:07 +0200

On Sun, Aug 30, 2015 at 11:25 PM, Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 8/12/2015 12:21 PM, Bill Meier wrote:

2. I had to disable building with geoip because:

#error:  Macro definition of snprintf conflicts with Stan
dard Library function declaration (compiling source file packet-ip.c)

A little digging finds that the Windows Wireshark version of the GeoIP library(1.5.2) is a bit old; The current version (on GitHub [1]) is 1.6.6 and has had various fixes made since 1.5.2.

I also note that the 1.6.6 GeoIP.h no longer has the macro definition for snprintf so the MSVC2015 GeoIP compile problem obviously won't occur using the latest version.

I don't really know to create the GeoIP libraries (and couldn't easily do a 64 bit version anyway) so I'll leave this as a ToDo for others (Gerald ?).

(Obviously there's no urgency for this).

[1] https://github.com/maxmind/geoip-api-c

Cheers,

Bill