Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Various problems with tshark

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 08:17:44 +0200
Hi Jörg,

When using tshark from head I have a bunch of problems right now:

1) stderr is getting spammed with
(process:9870): Capture-WARNING **: Dissector stp incomplete in frame 41915: undecoded byte number 57 (0x0030+9)

You seem to have activated the prefs.enable_incomplete_dissectors_check. Simply go to Preferences -> Protocols and uncheck "Look for incomplete dissectors".

2) -T fields -e _ws.col.info isn't working (empty column), both with and without -V

The right field name is _ws.col.Info

Cheers,
Pascal.

3) Some of my .vwr captures seem to only decode in tshark (with and without -V) but
   don't decode with -2 or in wireshark (I'll open a proper bug for this once I have more
   info). Btw, how can I convert .vwr files to pcapng? Both Save and Save As are greyed out.

Thanks
   Jörg
--
Joerg Mayer                                           <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>