Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Is this a bug in display filter engine or something I have d

From: Gilbert Ramirez <gram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 07:18:51 -0500
Hi Richard.

You can use the 'dftest' executable that is built along with Wireshark to convert a display filter string to the byte-code used for the Display Filter Virtual Machine. Do that for for "wlan.dmg_params.bss == 1" and compare that to the output for a similar display filter for another field that is also FT_UINT8.

I suspect they will be the same; if so, it wouldn't be an issue within the display filter code.

Is there any possibility that add_ff_dmg_params() isn't being called or isn't adding dmg_params to the proto_tree in some cases?

Gilbert