Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Npcap 0.04 call for test

From: Yang Luo <hsluoyb@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2015 20:18:51 +0800
Hi Pascal,

I think this BSoD is caused by the Winsock Kernel init code in Npcap driver (NPF_WSKStartup call or NPF_WSKInitSockets call failed). I can't reproduce it on my Win8.1 VM, Win10 VM and Win10 physical host. I used VMware Workstation 11.1.2 for my VMs. I don't know which type your VM is? There shouldn't be pretty much hardware difference between VMs. What special software has you installed on your VM? The boldest idea is that you provide a VM image that occurs this problem if you like.

Another way is that you try the installer with debug trace on below. With DebugView on ("Capture Kernel" on and "Enable Verbose Kernel Output" on), then install this debug version Npcap, launch Wireshark. The error message should then be recorded in DebugView, save the text into the log file and give it to me. Through this way I could know the failed function call and its error code, while I don't know if this could give me enough information to fix it, but it's an easier way.

Npcap 0.04 with debug trace on:

DebugView:

Cheers,
Yang