Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Reload Lua plugins

From: Stig Bjørlykke <stig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 21:01:47 +0200
This is news for those of you writing Lua plugins.  The latest
development automated night build[1] now have the ability to reload
Lua plugins without the need for restarting Wireshark.  It even
reloads the capture file and stays at the selected packet.

This is a brand new feature and bugs exists.  Please try it out and
report problems in bugzilla[2].

Known limitations:
- Having Lua fields in a custom column will crash at reload
- Reloading FileHandler is not supported yet
- “Show Packet in New Window” will not update after a reload and may crash

[1] https://www.wireshark.org/download/automated/
[2] https://bugs.wireshark.org/bugzilla/

--
Stig Bjørlykke