Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Renaming files & format for Wireshark's 32.423 support

From: Luke Mewburn <luke@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2015 19:47:56 +1000
On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 06:05:52PM +1000, Luke Mewburn wrote:
  | I've realised that there's another typo I missed in my change 9795
  | (which I only noticed when reviewing post merge).
  |
  | The short name of the format as advertised by wiretap/file_access.c
  | has "nettrace3gpp324423", and there's one too many "4s" in that!
  | It should be "nettrace3gpp32423".
  | I was going to submit another change to fix that.
  |
  | However, I've considered a broader refactor to remove "nettrace" from
  | the file names and format descriptions (etc), in order to match the names
  | from the 3GPP standards.
  |
  | I.e. rename wiretap/nettrace_3gpp_32_423.* -> wiretap/3gpp_32_423.*,
  | change short name from "nettrace3gpp324423" to "3gpp32423", etc.
  |
  | Is "nettrace" a de-facto or internal-to-3GPP name for the 32.423 format
  | that didn't get formalised in the official standards(s)?
  |
  | Did anyone have any opinions one way or another about this rename idea?
  |
  | If the consensus is to leave the "nettrace" portion in the name,
  | I'll just submit a change request for the typo fix change of
  |   "nettrace3gpp324423"
  |   "nettrace3gpp32423"
  | in wiretap/file_access.c (unless someone else beats me to it)

I've submitted a change to rename the format to "3gpp32423".

I left the source files alone; there was a lot of mucking around
to rename, especially if the "nettrace_" prefix was removed from
type & function names, because symbols can't start with a number.
Plus, that part of the idea was mostly yak shaving :)

cheers,
Luke.