Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Renaming files & format for Wireshark's 32.423 support

From: Anders Broman <a.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 10:38:11 +0200
Luke Mewburn skrev den 2015-07-27 10:05:
Hi,

I've realised that there's another typo I missed in my change 9795
(which I only noticed when reviewing post merge).

The short name of the format as advertised by wiretap/file_access.c
has "nettrace3gpp324423", and there's one too many "4s" in that!
It should be "nettrace3gpp32423".
I was going to submit another change to fix that.

However, I've considered a broader refactor to remove "nettrace" from
the file names and format descriptions (etc), in order to match the names
from the 3GPP standards.

I.e. rename wiretap/nettrace_3gpp_32_423.* -> wiretap/3gpp_32_423.*,
change short name from "nettrace3gpp324423" to "3gpp32423", etc.

Is "nettrace" a de-facto or internal-to-3GPP name for the 32.423 format
that didn't get formalised in the official standards(s)?
Nettrace may have been the internal name for the functionality producing the file.

Did anyone have any opinions one way or another about this rename idea?
I have no strong opinion either way.� 3gpp32423may be very nondescript though, at least nettrace gives
you an idea what it's good for on the other hand the current name is long winded.

I'm Ok with the name change.

If the consensus is to leave the "nettrace" portion in the name,
I'll just submit a change request for the typo fix change of
  "nettrace3gpp324423"
  "nettrace3gpp32423"
in wiretap/file_access.c (unless someone else beats me to it)

regards,
Luke.