Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Qt related menu issues on Mac OS X (bug 10890, etc)

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 18:19:39 -0700
On Jul 23, 2015, at 5:57 PM, Luke Mewburn <luke@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I appreciate the intention of such setup scripts. Generally I haven't
> needed them (until now!).  I'm a little leery of stuff that's going to
> potentially fiddle with my /usr

It shouldn't be doing anything to /usr other than /usr/local unless you explicitly tell it to do so - or, in the case of CMake, don't explicitly tell it *not* to, grumble grumble.  (I already told the CMake folks that El Camino^WCapitan isn't very happy with installers that try to touch /usr other than /usr/local.)