Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Npcap 0.01 call for test (2nd)

From: Yang Luo <hsluoyb@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2015 20:13:00 +0800
Hi list,

Thanks for your tests for the first version Npcap, in this 2nd version, I have fixed several problems as following:
1) Npcap driver fails to start after system reboot.
2) Adapter name is not changed to "Npcap Loopback Adapter" on Win10.
3) BSoD caused by BAD_POOL_CALLER. I can't promise this BSoD is 100% fixed, but I have secured pool memory free function calls which may lead to BSoD. If this still occurs, please let me know.
4) Npcap now will try to capture WAN adapter packets, I only switched on this feature and it does not get tested, as I don't have a WAN adapter on hand. If this feature has caused problems, or you know how to simulate a WAN adapter for me to test, please tell me.

I have tested this version Npcap under Wireshark 1.12.6 x64, in Windows 7 x86, Windows 8.1 x64 and Windows Server 2016 TP2.

Notice: You need to try it under Win7 and later, and no need to change the installation options, just click the "Next"s. Npcap installed in "WinPcap Compatible Mode" is exclusive with WinPcap, so you must uninstall WinPcap first (installer will prompt you this).

The README is:

Cheers,
Yang