Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Enabling/disabling ANY heuristic dissector

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 00:10:02 -0700
On Jul 13, 2015, at 5:27 PM, mmann78@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Command-line option sounds good, but it will probably take longer to figure out the option letter (how many do we have left?) than the functionality that does the enable/disable.  Suggestions for option "letter" to use?  Have we gone beyond just letters yet?

Yes, we have:

$ man tshark

TSHARK(1)               The Wireshark Network Analyzer               TSHARK(1)

NAME
       tshark - Dump and analyze network traffic

           --capture-comment <comment>
               Add a capture comment to the output file.

               This option is only available if a new output file in pcapng
               format is created. Only one capture comment may be set per
               output file.