Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Enabling/disabling ANY heuristic dissector

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 15:21:27 +0200

Le 13 juil. 2015 3:03 AM, <mmann78@xxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> With:
>
> https://code.wireshark.org/review/9508/
> https://code.wireshark.org/review/9610/
> (and already submitted https://code.wireshark.org/review/9602/)
>
> I consider this "feature complete enough for now".  If Qt wants to provide a better "user interface" for "heuristics in general", it certainly has some flexibility to do so.  Unless there are major issues/comments, I'll submit in a few days (presuming all pass Petri-Dish)

Hi Michael,

Sorry I come late in the discussion. I do not have access to a computer right now so I cannot easily look at the patch (the latest Gerrit diff page is rather smartphone unfriendly) but is there a way to activate heuristic dissectors from tshark / wireshark command line? I use an external tool launching both programs with the right command line and it would be a real functionality loss if it could not be done anymore.
Note that I consider your overall goal as a good achievement (it was frustrating not to be able to deactivate easily some weak heuristics) but I would dislike losing the ability to activate on demand a given heuristic that is deactivated by default for performance reasons.

Pascal.