Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Preparing to Write Dissector for New IPv6 Destination Option

From: Nalini Elkins <nalini.elkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2015 17:42:07 +0000 (UTC)
Thanks so much!

I will double check:

"page 8 says for the Options Length field "This field MUST be set to 16.” But really the field must be set to 12, since that’s the length of the PDM option."

When I try to execute the LUA using the "Evaluate" option of Wireshark GUI, I get:
Lua: Error During execution of dialog callback:

 [string "-- A simple dissector script for draft-ietf-i..."]:63: Field_new: A Field extractor must be defined before Taps or Dissectors get called

Is there another way I should be doing this?
Thanks,

Nalini Elkins
Inside Products, Inc.
(831) 659-8360