Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Preparing to Write Dissector for New IPv6 Destination Option

From: Nalini Elkins <nalini.elkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2015 13:15:03 +0000 (UTC)
Hello All,

Please let me know if I should post this to the user's list.

My proposal for a new IPv6 Destination Option was recently adopted by the IP Performance Metrics Working Group of the IETF.  It is at:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-6man-pdm-option/

I have started implementation of this on FreeBSD.  Of course, one of the steps in this process is to write a Wireshark dissector!

I have started with an LUA implementation.  (See attached)  I am having some problems as this is my first time with LUA.

The first problem is that I do not seem to be pointing to the payload of the IPv6 Destination Option correctly.   The parsing should be for the field ipv6.opt.experimental.   But, I am not able to make this work.  I would appreciate any help.

A PCAP is also attached.
Thanks,

Nalini Elkins
Inside Products, Inc.