Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Enabling/disabling ANY heuristic dissector

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2015 20:32:41 -0700
On Jul 5, 2015, at 8:14 PM, Hadriel Kaplan <hadrielk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> BTW, in case someone’s curious, attached is a screenshot of the dialog window tab Michael’s change adds.
>
> <Screen Shot 2015-07-05 at 8.52.05 PM.png>

"Heuristic Protocol" or "Heuristic Dissector"?

Should we have a single table, listing protocols, with up to two checkboxes, one for the "identifier-based" dissector (if any; leave the checkbox out if none) and one for the heuristic dissector (if any; leave the checkbox out if none)?

Or, if there's never a case where you'd want to disable the "identifier-based" dissector but not the heuristic dissector, a checkbox to completely disable the dissector ("identifier-based" and heuristic) and, if there's a heuristic dissector, a checkbox to disable only it?