Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Enabling/disabling ANY heuristic dissector

Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2015 16:52:24 -0400
Some thoughts:

1. There is already some code in place to have the heuristic dissector tables displayed in a separate tab in the Enable Protocols dialog.  Looks like a WIP that was defed out (presumably until it was ready).  grep HEUR_DISSECTOR_LIST
2. Because #1, I don't think the architecture is that far off.
3. A suggestion to help with backwards compatibility - We have some code that handles obsolete/removed/changed preferences, part of set_pref() in prefs.c.  Perhaps that can be used to read the soon-to-be obsoleted heuristic enable/disable preferences and convert them to whatever "global" structure ends up being created.