Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] hadoop dissector

From: Dario Lombardo <dario.lombardo.ml@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2015 09:45:21 +0200
Maybe some developer like to "develop in the wild"... that could mean they can avoid some rules, push incomplete dissectors, or whatever else I can't figure out. Rules for dissectors are very strict. I don't mean they are useless, but they have been set to have a very robust code _inside_ wireshark. Code that isn't so performing or robust or good can live outside it in the form of a plugin.

For instance I have found in that dissector some code that I don't know if could go into the master:

1) it is written in c++. Would it be acceptable?
2) it uses stl maps. Would it be acceptable or should it be replaced by some "wmem maps" (maps with custom allocator)?

Thanks for the info.
Dario.