Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] v2.0 feature: Lua GUI support

From: Hadriel Kaplan <hadrielk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2015 15:55:33 -0400
Howdy,
At Sharkfest during the closing session, Gerald mentioned some of the things he’d like to see completed before 2.0 goes out, so I thought I’d add my 2 cents for something I’d like to have done before 2.0 ships: bug 9845, which is to add to Qt the same GUI support for Lua plugins that GTK has.  Mostly this revolves around the functions available in epan/funnel.h and funnel.c, as that’s the mechanism through which Lua currently exposes GUI functions.

Unfortunately, I don’t understand Qt well enough to add such support myself. :(

Can someone help with this?  If it would be easier/better to ignore the funnel model and do something different for Qt, I can write the Lua API side of the code to make that work for Lua - so long as someone else can write the Qt side.

-hadriel