Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] How to compile and execute the source code of wireshark?

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 15:26:03 +0100

On 18 June 2015 at 15:17, JAI BHAGWAN YADAV <saurav.yadav0005@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello all,
I am a beginner,
Q- How to compile and execute the source code of wireshark so that
     (i) Whenever I will compile and execute it, it will also run wireshark
     (ii) I will use printf firstly so I can see the output at terminal

O.S. used: 64 bit, Ubuntu 12.04
What I tried?
I have tried ./autogen.sh                               It run successfully.
then            ./configure                                  It also run successfully, takes 2 minutes to execute on my system (1 GB RAM, virtual machine).
then            make                                          It also run successfully, takes 15-20 approx minutes to execute.
Only warnings can be seen in between of these execution but no error occured. But also no wireshark window get opened, it will only open when I execute the command ./wireshark. So, please tell me the correct way and order to write all the commands. I want to make changes in the menu bar so that it will show the changes made in the wireshark and also print the output of the printf instruction I will put in one of the code.

Have a look at the Developers Guide, section 3.6 (https://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/ChSrcRunFirstTime.html

--
Graham Bloice