Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Win10Pcap - WinPcap-compatible NDIS 6.x capture driver

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 10:15:47 -0700
On Jun 16, 2015, at 1:48 AM, Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> May be look to be the replacement of Winpcap (it is good about licencing...)

Actually, GPL licensing is a problem - libpcap/WinPcap currently are under BSD-style licenses, and that won't change for libpcap, which could cause some issues as WinPcap would then have a mix of GPL and BSD-style licensing.  The GPL could also be a problem for non-free-software programs using WinPcap.