Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Planning the next major release

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2015 14:58:11 -0700
We often make major releases in June, just before Sharkfest. That probably
won't happen this year. A major release now would mean either releasing 2.0
(featuring the Qt UI) without feature parity with the GTK+ UI, or releasing
1.14 (featuring the GTK+ UI). I'm not particularly fond of either choice.

Unless there's a compelling reason to get something out the door now, I'd
prefer to wait until the Qt UI is ready, which raises the question of the
definition of "ready." We've been tracking complete and pending features at

    https://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/QtShark

We've made a lot of progress but are still lacking many features including
the Wireless Toolbar, a few Statistics dialogs, and quite a few Telephony
dialogs.

If you see a feature missing from that list please add it. If you have
spare development cycles, patches are welcome.

P.S. The 1.10 branch reaches EOL tomorrow. If you're still using Wireshark
1.10 please consider upgrading soon.