Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Problems building on Mac OS Yosemite

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2015 19:39:17 -0700
On May 29, 2015, at 11:23 PM, Simon Barber <simon.barber@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On May 29, 2015 11:20 PM, "Guy Harris" <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On May 29, 2015, at 9:16 PM, Simon Barber <simon.barber@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm trying to build wireshark out of the git repository, master branch, on my Mac OS Yosemite machine.
>>
>> You've installed XQuartz, right?
>
> Yes. xlogo runs OK.

What does

	ls -ld /usr/X11

print?  If it prints

	ls: /usr/X11: No such file or directory

then you probably installed XQuartz on a machine running a pre-Yosemite version of OS X, and then upgraded to Yosemite, and the Yosemite installer proceeded to trash your XQuartz installation.  Do

	sudo ln -s /opt/X11 /usr/X11

to fix the XQuartz installation, and then, in your source directory, do

	rm -rf macosx-support-libs

and re-run the macosx-setup.sh script.

If "ls -ld /usr/X11" doesn't print "ls: /usr/X11: No such file or directory", what does

	ls -l /usr/X11/lib/libcairo.la

print?