Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Migrating dissector to WS 1.12

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 19:03:51 +0200
Hi Helge,

I am migrating from WS 1.6 to WS 1.12 skipping all version between.
I have some code that uses functions that are not available in the
current version. How can I find how this functions are replaced by newer
functions?

Example: tvb_get_ephemeral_string()

This one is replaced by tvb_get_string_enc(wmem_packet_scope(),tvb,offset,length, ENC_ASCII | ENC_NA);

Conversions from older to newer APIs are not veery well documented unfortunately. You can easily find them by doing searches in git hitory, or if the list is not too long you can ask on this mailing list.

Regards,
Pascal.