Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Fwd: decoding avpf rtp packets

From: Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 16:14:42 +0200

On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 10:04 PM, Tito Cumpen <soulofmischief87@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Wireshark dev group,

I was wondering if this is a bug or currently wireshark does not automatically decode avpf rtp packets. Currently decoding the flow in question does not produce vp8 headers as it does when using avp. When using avp it is possible to view vp8 header and its types. somehow did cannot be done when using avpf. Here is a trace of the non working example

udp.port == 14142

is the negotiated port for rtp the messaging channel(sip) has negotiated vp8 using rtp as a transport. When decoding this port to rtp the vp8 headers not there. Is there a work around for this?

Hi Tito,

it is better to open a issue on bugtracker with attached your pcap sample...

Regards,
Please advise,
Tito