Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] proto.h extension

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 May 2015 17:53:21 -0400
On 05/08/15 15:09, Guy Harris wrote:
So should we think about localization of the packet summary and detail fields (which would, I suspect, be a huge project), and possibly leave the unit strings open for localization, or not?

I think Ulf's reasoning:

http://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/Translations

for not translating Wireshark (beyond the UI stuff) is quite sound.

So: no localization except for the UI stuff (like is being done today with the Qt GUI).