Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] build fails with switch --without-qt

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 20:12:52 -0700
On May 5, 2015, at 5:46 PM, wulfman <wulfman@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> after a
> ./autogen.sh
> ./configure --without-qt
>
> configure script runs and does the same thing
> ~
> ~
> ~
> checking for GNU sed as first sed in PATH... yes
> checking if profile builds must be generated... no
> configure: error: Neither Qt nor GTK+ 2.12.0 or later are available, so
> Wireshark can't be compiled

So what does the "checking for GTK+" line say if you run the configure script with --without-qt?

> if i run ./configure   <------ no switches
>
> it finds gtk+
>

> checking for pkg-config... (cached) /usr/bin/pkg-config
> checking for GTK+ - version >= 3.0.0... yes (version 3.4.2)
> checking for pkg-config... (cached) /usr/bin/pkg-config

It's checking for GTK+ 3 there; *IF* --without-qt causes it to search for GTK+ 2, and you have the GTK+ 3 developer stuff but not the GTK+ 2 deverloper stuff, that could be causing the problem, but we'd need to see the "checking for GTK+" line for "./configure --without-qt" in order to see whether that's what it's doing.