Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Use Transifex for manage Translations

From: Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 May 2015 15:30:02 +0200

On Fri, May 1, 2015 at 2:11 PM, Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, May 01, 2015 at 12:56:38PM +0200, Alexis La Goutte wrote:
> I have a plan to remove AUTHORS and generate by git (Search on list or
> Gerrit for more detail...)

Yeah, I remember reading that. I'm not completely happy with that, but only
for ego reasons (it's nice to find your name in the list without scrolling ;->
;-)
I think, it is better to have generate AUTHORS file from git... the AUTHORS is no often updated...

> > Adding it to the git commits would be a very nice to have.
> >
> It is no possible to get info about author with Transifex
> You can only add a link to Wireshark Team Transifex page
> https://www.transifex.com/organization/wireshark/team/36457/

When I call that page, I only get:
Page not found
After, check, need a account for looking detail...

Also: While unfortunate, then you (or whoever does the import) would probably need
to update the stuff manually - I regard this (no proper attibution) as a showstopper
for using transifex.
Can no really a problem, because there is a "validation" on Transifex to add member of team (need to update also a TRANSLATOR contributions file too ;-)

Ciao
     Jörg
--
Joerg Mayer                                           <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>