Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Custom zlib for Windows builds

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 17:45:55 +0200

The remaining CMake warnings for Windows are caused by zlib, as newer CMake versions complain about policy settings.

As the zlib maintainers seem very reluctant to incorporate changes (31 pull requests at the moment oldest from 2 years ago) to fix this we would have to roll our own zlib for download.

The changes required are minimal, but we do do this we could also usefully incorporate another change on their pull requests to disable the building of the example binaries.

Thoughts?

Hi Graham,

as we are already hosting the zblib 1.2.8 source code to compile it, I guess nothing prevents us to start customizing it a bit and putting the details in a README.wireshark (like we do for other 3rd party components).

Regards,
Pascal.