Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Gerrit upgrade schedule

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 22:17:15 +0200
As was discussed last month, Google's OpenID is going away on the 20th.
Logins to code.wireshark.org using Google will break on that date. The
Gerrit development team has been busy making releases recently to account
for this. Unfortunately, a change which would allow both OpendID and OAuth2
logins[1] and which would be useful in our case is still under review and
hasn't made it into an official release.

This Friday (April 3) I plan on upgrading to Gerrit from 2.8.6.1 to 2.10.2.
This will make the "new change screen" the default along with many other
changes listed in [2] and [3]. The authentication configuration will not
change for now, but we'll be in a better position to do so in the future.

Sorry for the short notice. I'm trying to balance Gerrit's release
schedule, the impending OpenID apocalypse, and upcoming travel.

[1]https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/#/c/66313/
[2]http://gerrit-documentation.storage.googleapis.com/ReleaseNotes/ReleaseNotes-2.9.html#_new_features
[3]http://gerrit-documentation.storage.googleapis.com/ReleaseNotes/ReleaseNotes-2.9.html#_new_features

Hi Gerald,

Gerrit 2.10.3 just got released with the change set you were referring to merged:
https://gerrit-documentation.storage.googleapis.com/ReleaseNotes/ReleaseNotes-2.10.3.html

Regards,
Pascal.