Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Windows automated builds migrated to CMake

From: Anders Broman <a.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 16:12:41 +0200

Hi,
The checkAPI target is missing from the cmake build isn't it?
Regards
Anders

Pascal Quantin skrev den 2015-04-16 15:09:

On 16 April 2015 at 11:49, Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We reached a bit of a milestone today. The packages created by the
32-bit and 64-bit Windows builders at
https://buildbot.wireshark.org/trunk/waterfall are now produced using
CMake and MSBuild.

Thanks to everyone for helping to get the Windows CMake environment up
and running!

Hi Gerald,

one thing I noticed is that the Wireshark 1.99.6-243 32 bits coming from the buildbot (and thus CMake) systematically open a console window (both with Qt and GTK GUI) whatever my console window setting.
This does not happen when I compile locally the same release with nmake. I have not installed CMake yet on my machine to cross check, but it seems that we still have discrepancies between nmake and CMake.

This is down to the subsystem type.� The nmake builds are marked as "Windows Gui" and the CMake builds as "Windows Console".� It's a linker flag, supplied in $(guiflags) for nmake builds (or $(conflags) for command line programs e.g. tshark.exe).

I think CMake requires a set_target_properties(target_name PROPERTIES LINK_FLAGS "/SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS") call for each gui target.

Indeed, it's something I explicitly added to andoiddump.exe to improve the user experience and I did not even realize it could be the same thing :)

Thanks Graham !