Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Windows automated builds migrated to CMake

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 10:21:04 +0100
On 16 April 2015 at 10:11, Roland Knall <rknall@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi

Very cool + 1

The waterfall display was a little bit misleading, but found it now. Still waiting for the get-go in my company to install VS2013, but will try it as soon as possible.

VS2015 is out soon!  I suspect that the 1.99.x and 2.0.x releases will use VS2013 though as the primary compiler.

I don't know of anyone using VS2012 (or 2010) with the CMake build, but it might work.  It would be good to know for the docs update.

As of dependencies, this leaves more or less the mac plattform with the setup script. I played around with that last week, and it seems, port is a better solution for Mac then the setup script. I am going to write a README.macosx detailing what and how things must be installed. Maybe this can be automated using cmake as well.

Presumably in a similar manner to that done for the Windows build, a call out to something external from CMake to do that task.

--
Graham Bloice