Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] enum preferences vs Go Fish

Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2015 20:52:54 -0400
So are you thinking along the lines of prefs_register_dissector_preference that would create a dropdown list (like an enum preference) based on dissector table entries?  I think my only real objection to Stig's suggestions was the thought of using something outside of a dissector table controlled by the "parent" dissector.  The whole point of this was to remove the explicit involvement of the dissector containing the dissector table.