Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] enum preferences vs Go Fish

From: Stig Bjørlykke <stig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2015 20:22:26 +0200
On Sat, Apr 4, 2015 at 1:31 PM,  <mmann78@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Right now there is no way to include a "Decode As" protocol list as a
> specific preference of a dissector.

If we add this I'm happy with a global Decode As functionality.
And it may be an added feature to have this in the preferences for TCP
and UDP too.

But I can find some issues while trying the p_mul patch:

1. The "Value" and "Type" columns makes no sense for P_Mul (and maybe
others).  The tooltip does not give any hints.

2. The text in "Current" column is more descriptive in the current
P_Mul preferences (not only the protocol short name)

3. It's possible to add more than one entry for P_Mul (in GUI).  It
seems like only the latest entry is used.  This happens when selecting
"Decode As..." on a P_Mul entry when already having a preference.  I
would expect the current entry to be highlighted.

4. My Wireshark does hang after changing the decode-as for P_Mul while
having a capture file loaded.  I don't know if this is related to your
patch.

--
Stig Bjørlykke